We Are Buying Properties In Your Area Now!

What Documents You Need to Sell a House



What Documents You Need to Sell a House

What do I Need to Sell My House?

If you’re looking to sell your home, there are a set of documents that will need completing. Some of these are straight forward, some less so. Unless you’re going to sell your house online, you will need to complete a set list of documents aimed at describing exactly what is on offer when you sell your home. Here’s a list of documents that you’ll need to complete or provide:

Proof of identity

Your solicitor will need proof of address such as a bank statement or a utility bill as well as a photo ID such as a copy of your driving licence or passport.

Shared freehold / leasehold documents

Relevant documents will be required if your property retains a share of the freehold. If there has been a company set up to manage this, they should have provided you with the Share Certificate that you’d require. If the property is leasehold then you’ll need to provide copy of the lease.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

When a house sells, an EPC will need to be included. The EPC certificate shows assessments on the energy use and CO2 impact of the property. If you’re looking to sell your house and don’t currently have an EPC certificate, you should be able to contact a qualified assessor through your estate agent.

Property Title Deeds

You might already have these, if not then you might be able to get these from the solicitor you used when you bought your house or your mortgage lender. Additionally, Your solicitor will also need to request official copies of your title deeds from the Land Registry.

Management Information Pack

This can often take several weeks to arrive, so it’s crucial that you get this paid for and ordered as soon as you can when you begin selling your home. Either you or your solicitor can obtain this from the freeholder or managing agent, if your home is leasehold.

Managment Information Pack - UK Property Cash Buyers

Fittings and contents form (TA10)

the TA10 form is used to plainly specify what will be incorporated in the sale of your house. This can, if relevant, it also cover items in outdoor areas, like sheds, greenhouses, washing lines and trees. This form breaks down the property on a room-by-room basis, and will specify any included item, such as appliances or curtains. It is important to ensure all parties involved are clear what will be included in the sale of the property, as you don’t want any unnecessary setbacks later on in the process.

Property information form (TA6)

All sellers are required to fill in this form, which gives more a more detailed account of the property. There’s a more detailed explanation of the form here. This form covers areas such as:

  • Complaints and Disputes: Include any continuing disagreements with neighbours
  • Boundaries: this will include the location of borders and who would be responsible for upkeep hedges or fences
  • Planning, alterations and building control: Including any substantial building work completed or ongoing on the property, this could mean having new windows put in or an extension to the property. If relevant, it should also contain the building’s listed status
  • Warrantees and guarantees: This could be applicable of the building or any parts of it are particularly new. An example of this could be new solar panels having been fitted
  • Proposals and notices: including letters from local authorities, or neighbours concerning future development in the area
  • Environmental matters: This will need to make reference to the EPC, but also cover other things such as the presence of Japanese knotweed or any flooding risks
  • Informal arrangements and rights: this may include, among other things, chancel repair and shared access
  • Insurance: this is to give any potential buyer a rough idea of whether there are any irregularities and how much it is likely to cost to insure your home
  • Parking: This is one fairly straight forward, potential buyers will want to know if your property has a garage or offers any off road parking like a driveway
  • Occupiers: this is to clarify with the buyer whether there are people living in the property that will remain doing so after completion
  • Services: this relates to, among other things, the condition of the electrical wiring and central heating
  • Connection to services and utilities: this section is to specify the location of the relevant meters for the suppliers of electricity, water and gas to the property
  • Any other charges: this might include maintenance fees for flats or gated communities, and lease costs for leasehold properties
  • Transaction information: this is where you should clarify if you are also intending to buy another house. This is also where you can include any special necessities around moving dates

Any documents referenced in the property information form will require copies being provided, such as FENSA certificates for replacement windows or a Building Regulations sign off.

Terraced houses in the UK with a London Skyline

How Much Is Your House Worth?

Fill in this simple form and we will make you a no obligation full cash offer for any house in the UK!

We need a few simple contact details in order to deliver your cash offer fast


You might also enjoy to read the following articles